Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Melbourne

I took an extended weekend, and decided to visit my friends in Melbourne, Australia.


The view from my friends’ flat.



We had winetasting at some vineyard outside Melbourne. Afterwards we went to Wildlife Sancturary - I wanted to see a Koala bear hehe. The building behind my friend is the Wildlife Sanctuary Hospital.



The operation room…..Interesting to witness that.



Eureka Skydeck 88.

My friend persuaded me to come on top of the building. I wasn’t so sure in the beginning, because I suffer from vertigo. I considered this for a while, and decided to challenge my fear.


When we went into the elevator, my heart beated briskly. It was a quick journey, as the elevator moved 9meters in a second. We reached the top floor in less than a minute (88 floors - 300 meter high)


It was a beautiful view. I was still hesitating with going close to the window, but after a while I felt comfortable, and enjoyed the amazing sight.



“The Edge” You can see people are inside the glass box. You enter into a room that slowly moves 3 meters out of the building. I was going to try this out too. I spent a few minutes calming myself, as it looked freaky to me.



This is the view from a different angle. The black square at the right side, is the Edge.



In this picture we’re inside the Edge. At the beginning, I was horrified! I was extremely precautious with walking around in the box, as I kept feeling that the glass underneath me would break - and kept thinking this would be the end of my days! However, I enjoyed this experience, as I have conquered my fear.



Last night in Melbourne

We went to an Italian restaurant were they only served pizza. I must admit, that was the best pizza I’ve ever had!!!! Afterwards we went to a bar called “Dog Bar.” The place had a pleasant atmosphere…….



Flying off to Singapore. What a view! It was priceless!



I stayed the night at the Ambassador Transit Hotel at the Singapore airport. Next to it on the top floor, they have an outdoor pool. I went there to relax, and had a little cocktail before I went to bed. The next morning I returned back to Hanoi


1 comment:

  1. This is good to see your visit in Melbourne. Did you enjoy the taste of Best pizza in Melbourne?

    ReplyDelete